We are looking for an intern to join team VAN in our Bristol HQ. The (paid) role will run for 8 weeks.
The role will mainly involve *campaignmanager* type responsibilities; helping things run smoothly for our clients, from proposal to final reports. You will be doing useful work on live campaigns, and learning lots of things to set you up in a job in advertising or media.
So what does VAN do?
- - We are an ad network who focus in seeding viral (video) ads. We have a range of entertaining publishers with great sites who host our content and get it seen.
- - We work with some of the best ad agencies in the world, generating views and sharing for their brand campaigns, especially their YouTube videos. We’re UK based with offices in Bristol and London.
- - We’re growing fast, and we offer an outstanding opportunity for graduates or people who are starting their career in marketing, advertising and digital media. It’s a great learning environment.
What’s the job?
This is an awesome way to get started in the industry. You get to work with great clients and great content, and you’ll pick up key skills in account management, pitching, planning, media buying and reporting.
The role is mainly based around supporting two of our existingcampaignmanagers (Dave & Becci) and will have four main responsibilities:
- Sales You will not have to do any selling yourself, but will be required to support our sales team and our pitching processes.
- Delivery Assisting campaign delivery and making media bookings with our network of publishers.
- Clientreporting during and after acampaignhas run its course.
- Marketing writing up case studies and helping with our Viral Video Charts.
What you’re like
This is a job for people who:
- - Are comfortable with numbers, especially straightforward arithmetic.
- - Enjoy talking to people by phone and email to develop relationships.
- - Work hard (cliche, but true here). It’s a job where you need to get your tasks done to time. It can also be necessary to check campaign progress out of office hours (using online systems).
- - Have solid writing skills: we don’t have time to check your spelling etc, and we’re working with clients who will judge us negatively if you can’t write clearly and accurately.
The type of work is fairly consistent and suits someone who is happy to do similar tasks on a daily basis. That said, the job is exciting: new opportunities come up, new proposals need to be done, we get sales wins and awesome content to seed, and campaigns need to get their views.
Youwill definitely need:
- - A good degree or relevant experience. Everybody here has proven themselves either in an academic or work environment.
- - A genuine desire to get stuck into work and take responsibility.
- - Previous work experience, this can be anything dealing with people or a task based role. It doesn’t have to be relevant to marketing or online, but wedon’t have time to teach you the most basic professional and get-things-done skills.
It’d also be great if you had:
- -Relevant experience. Either through study or hobby, experience in internetz would be useful!
- - Been to #kittencamp. We run monthly events they’re awesome and we might have met you
- - A passion for web video we love watching, sharing and lol’ing over online videos
Interested? Apply by emailingAlly with a covering letter outlining why you think you are suitable for the position and where your strengths lie, along with a 2 page CV.